The evad3rs have just released the newest iteration of their iOS 6 untethered jailbreak, which works for the newest update for iOS 6, 6.1.1. This update was rushed out early for iPhone 4S in order to fix spotty 3G issues on the device, and is still fully jailbreakable with the current exploits. Read on to find out how to jailbreak iOS 6.1.1 untethered.
Before you start
Make sure you update to iOS 6.1.1 with a clean, full update from iTunes, preferably a full restore, the evad3rs have warned NOT to use OTA updating, as the jailbreak may not work if you do this.
2. Connect your device (Evasi0n should recognize it automatically). Evasi0n will warn you about any open applications that
3. Click “Jailbreak” and let the process begin
4. Partway through, Evasi0n will notify you to tap a new icon on your device. Unlock the screen and find the new application called “Jailbreak”. Tap that and your jailbreak will continue.
5. Wait for evasion to finish, and your device will reboot, showing the evasi0n logo and varios status messages.
6. When your device reboots, Cydia will be installed and your device will be jailbroken!
Thats it! As with all untethered jailbreaks, there is no danger of rebooting your device, so there is no final step to boot tethered!