iReb r5 by iH8sn0w was released yesterday, one of the main uses for the program is to fix iTunes errors while restoring or that occur while doing various other tasks. Unfortunately iReb only works on Windows so you will have to find your way to a PC if you want to fix your error using this method.
2. Open and select your device
3. Go into dfu mode. (help)
4. Restore using iTunes.
Here is the change log for r5
- Much smaller file size (390kb).
- Fixed USB 3.0 issues.
- iREB’s speed for the iPhone 2G/iPhone 3G/iPod Touch 1G has increased significantly!
- Fixed rare DFU detection issues.
- Updated limera1n/steaks4uce payload to not hook “cmd_go” on 4.x images (nothing severe, but useless here).