If you are one of the few that bought a Microsoft Surface RT then we have good news for you. Not only can it be jailbroken, but the process is extremely easy and can be done on the device itself. Follow the steps below and you will have your device jailbroken and running unsigned apps in no time.
1. Download this file onto your microsoft surface RT Jailbreak Tool v 1.0.3, open, and then extract it to your computer using the button on the top of the file explorer.
2. Once extracted right click the icon and run runExploit.bat using the option an Administrator.
3. When prompted to continue do so by typing either ‘y’ or ‘r’ depending on the question.
4. The command prompt may require you to log in using a Microsoft account, all you have to do is log in and it should continue. [If not try making a new account]
5. When prompted to click the down volume button and the prompt will end leaving your device jailbroken.
If you have any problems check of Jeff’s video demonstration.
Jailbreaking will allow you to run unsigned applications like PuTTY, TightVNC, and 7Zip. When you open them you may need to click ‘more info’ and then run anyways. We hope this guide helped, and happy jailbreaking!