Jailbreak 6.0: For those of you that have already updated to iOS 6, we have some good news. There is already a usable jailbreak if you have an A4 or earlier device, which includes the iPhone 4, iPod Touch 4G, and iPhone 3GS. Read on to learn how to jailbreak these devices. The newest update to Redsn0w also means you wont have to go through the process of SSHing into your device to install Cydia, Redsn0w once again does that for you.
If you would like more info about this latest jailbreak, you can read the Dev-Team’s blog, or look at this full list of updates to the newest version of Redsn0w (0.9.15b1):
- restore from any 5.x iOS to any other (up, down or the same) 5.x iOS on all devices as long as you have the correct blobs (see more below)
- Cydia now included in the tethered 6.0 jailbreak on A4 devices
- automatically “Just Boot” tethered when qualifying A4 device connects in DFU mode
- untethered 6.0 jailbreak on old-bootrom 3GS
- untethered 6.0 hactivation on any 3GS or iPhone4
- directly restore pre-A5 devices to earlier firmware — no more complicated 15-step how-to’s with stitching, iTunes errors, and “hosts file” concerns
- fetch new signed blobs for any IPSW (present or future — no redsn0w update required) using Extras->SHSH Blobs->New
- block the BB update for any 3GS or iPhone4 restore (past, present, or future — no redsn0w update required) using Extras->Even More->Restore
- deactivate any iPhone, useful for testing your “official” unlock status through iTunes. (Please only deactivate your own iPhone!)
- activation status shown on “Even more” page
- significantly more (very nerdy) info returned by “Identify” button when device is in Normal mode
- tethered jailbreak of ATV2 supported (but the only thing available for it is the SSH2 custom bundle availablehere — no Cydia yet. Must use “Select IPSW” for tethered boot of ATV2 for now).
- auto-exit WTF mode for older devices with broken buttons
- any time a set of blobs is fetched remotely (from Apple or Cydia), redsn0w also saves them locally (and will check there first if you click “Local”)
- for your future restoring convenience, you should also submit all of your past and present TinyUmbrella blobs to Cydia if you haven’t done so yet. Resubmitting is okay and won’t cause conflicts.
Note: This only supports the devices listed in the title, any device with an A4 processor or earlier. Additionally, this jailbreak will be tethered, so you will have to repeat the last steps of this tutorial every time you restart your device.
- iPhone 4
- iPhone 3GS new bootrom
- iPod Touch 4G
- iPhone 3GS old bootrom
Redsn0w 0.9.15b1 (Download)
1. Download and open Redsn0w 0.9.15b1.(Right click to run as administrator on windows, and make sure 3rd party applications are enabled on OS X Lion)
3. Click “Jailbreak”
4. Make Sure “Install Cydia” is clicked then click “next”
5. Plug in and put your device into DFU mode (See video if confused)
6. Jailbreak device
7. Open Redsn0w again click “Extras” – “Just Boot”
8. Wait for your device to boot up and it should be jailbroken
Complete Steps 7 & 8 every time your device shuts off to turn it back on.
Thats it! Those directions should be able to jailbreak any of the devices listed in the title, so if it didn’t work make sure you follow each instruction from the tutorial and from Redsn0w exactly. We hope you enjoy your newly jailbroken device.