The iOS 6 (6.0) Gold Master (GM) was released yesterday with Apple’s announcement of the iPhone 5. Today Redsn0w was updated to 0.9.13dev4 to provide a working jailbreak for the 6.0 GM.
This the iOS 6 jailbreak is restricted and only works with the iPod Touch 4G and iPhone 4.
This iOS 6 jailbreak is tethered and will require a procedure to boot up every time your device is turned off.
This iOS 6 jailbreak will not give you Cydia, instead you will get ssh privileges.
With all that in mind, lets get started.
Redsn0w 0.9.13dev4 (Mac/Win)(On Downloads Page)
- Download and open Redsn0w 09.13dev4.
- Click “Extras” – “Select iPSW” – Then located the GM
- Click “Back”, then “Jailbreak”
- Make Sure “Install SSH” is clicked then click “next”
- Plug in and put your device into DFU mode (See video if confused)
- Jailbreak device
- Open Redsn0w again click “Extras” – “Just Boot”
- Wait for your device to boot up and it should be jailbroken (Cydia will not appear)