Even though there has not been much change we still thought we owe it to everyone to create a simple tutorial on how to jailbreak the third iOS 6.1 beta that was released today. The process is the exact same as the beta 2 version and only works for the previously supported devices.
Our old tutorial [Works for Beta 3]
For those of you who have a developer account, or otherwise managed to get your device updated to iOS 6.1, the good news is that it still has all the same jailbreak-ability as the previous versions (mostly tethered, A4 devices). Read on to find out how to jailbreak your device.
- iPhone 4
- iPhone 3GS new bootrom
- iPod Touch 4G
- iPhone 3GS old bootrom [Does your device have an old bootrom?]
Tutorial for all A4 devices (Tethered)
- Download and Install RedSn0w 0.9.15B3 or higher. [Download Link]
- Download a copy of your device’s iOS 6.0 firmware. [Download Link]
- Invoke DFU mode on your device, if you don’t know how to do this RedSn0w will walk you through it when needed.
- Open Redsn0w, navigate to: Extras>Select IPSW and select your iOS 6.0 firmware that you downloaded in step 2.
- Now navigate back to the home page of RedSn0w and click the ‘Jailbreak’ button. Leave this to continue until boxes come up and check ‘Install Cydia’.
- Once done, your device will appear as if it has just booted. However Cydia will not be on your homepage. You now need to perform a tethered boot.
- Connect your device back up to your computer if you have disconnected it, and reopen RedSn0w if you closed it. Now place your device one again into DFU mode, and go to Extras>Select IPSW and select the same firmware that we did in the first step, it’s essentially the same process. Once RedSn0w has done it’s thing, select ‘Just Boot’ and when your device reloads it will have Cydia on it!
Since the jailbreak is tethered you will have to complete step 7 every time your device fully powers down. Make sure to like, follow and subscribe to stay up to date with jailbreaking news!