Today at Microsoft’s #XboxReveal event, the new next generation console was released, the Xbox One. Microsoft chose to leave a big emphasis on the TV integration by offering many new content upgrades to challenge the traditional TV experience. Throughout the presentation they focused on TV, Sports, and the new Black Ops title Ghosts. It appears that they are trying to appeal far more to the average person and not the hardcore gamer.
Some New Features
- Fully Voice Activated
- TV Integration
- Snap Mode: Allows users to open multiple windows at the same time (Games, Skype, TV…)
- TV interaction an notifications
- Social TV Features
- 8 Core CPU
- 8 GB Memory
- 500 GB Hard drive
- USB 3.0
Controller Design: Although it looks very similar to the previous generation, Microsoft claims they have been are hard at work improving the design.
- Does not require an always on connection
- No support for Xbox 360 games
- Comes with new Kinect sensor