For those of you that are concerned about upgrading your baseband, we have good news for you. The popular custom IPSW tool Sn0wbreeze has received an update that brings support for iOS 6 and 6.0.1. As opposed to redsn0w, which loads a payload on to your device to jailbreak it, Sn0wbreeze is a tool that actually constructs a jailbroken IPSW which you can then use to restore your device. The changes are as follows:
What is New?
- Added 6.0 (10A403)/6.0.1 (10A523) support. (Only includes iPhone 3GS & A4 devices).
- The 6.0/6.0.1 is currently a tethered based jailbreak via iBooty (except for iPhone 3GS old bootrom users).
- SAM is built-in for iOS 6 hacktivations. (Hacktivated phones can reboot to a semi-tethered state after being activated [rather than just hang at the Apple Logo]). Kudos @sbingner!
- Use iFaith mode after selecting/downloading the appropriate IPSW for your device. You will then be prompted to browse for SHSH blobs for the IPSW you have selected.
- Remember to enter a PWNED DFU state with sn0wbreeze’s iREB button in the top bar of sn0wbreeze prior to (SHIFT + Restoring) the custom signed IPSW!
iREB & iOS 6:
- Due to some changes in iOS 6, the current public standalone version of iREB will NOT enter a proper PWNED DFU state for restoring to custom iOS 6 IPSWs. An update for the standaloneversion should come sometime this week. In the meantime, use the iREB tab located in sn0wbreeze’s top status bar to enter a proper PWNED DFU state.